|Firm||Tate, Nolan & Knight Inc.|
15 Ennisdale Drive,
Durban North, 4016
|Languages||English (in order of proficiency)|
B Proc (University of Kwazulu Natal)
Diploma in Financial Planning (University of the Orange Free State)
Admitted Attorney, Notary and Conveyancer
Certified Financial Planner
|Years of Service||24|
|Position in Firm||Managing Director|
|Courts most familiar with||Durban High and Magistrates Court|
|Access to Children||Administrative Law|
|Company Law||Company Registrations|
|Competition Law||Consumer Law|
|Debt Collections||Deceased Estates|
|Emotional Will||Employment Equity|
|General Practice||High Court Practice|
|Insurance Law||Joint Ventures and Acquisitions|
|Litigation (Civil)||Litigation (Commercial)|
|Litigation (Criminal)||Litigation (General)|
|Litigation (High Court)||Litigation (Magistrates Court)|
|Notaries Public||Partnership Agreements|
|Personal Injury||Professional negligence|
|Sale of Business||Same Sex Rights|
|Sexual Harassment||Shareholders Agreements|
FOCUSProperty law and conveyancing, civil litigation, commercial and contract law, labour law, wills, trusts, estate planning and deceased estates
Mike Nolan, who was born and grew up in Durban, attended Glenwood High School and graduated with a B.Proc. Degree from University of Kwazulu Natal after he had served 3 years in the South African Police Service doing his national service.
In 1984 he started his own practice after being admitted as an attorney in the same year.
He was thereafter admitted as a conveyancer and notary and amalgamated his practice with that of Alison Tate in 1989.
Mike is also a Certified Financial Planner having obtained his Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning in 2005. He is registered with the Financial Services Board with FSP Licence No. 17623 and a member of the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa. He is also an accredited Sharemax financial adviser.
Aside from managing the practice he specialises in wills, trusts, deceased estates and estate planning.
He was a past chairman and is a life member and the Honorary Legal Adviser of Pirates Surf Lifesaving Club. He also serves as a Member on the Board of Governors of Our Lady of Fatima Convent Dominican School.
He is married to Lynn, has two daughters, Caryn and Kate and his interests include watching sport, reading, woodworking, traveling, playing golf, swimming and surfing.
We are situated at 15 Ennisdale Drive, Durban North, off Broadway and immediately behind Kensington Square.
The directors of the practice are Alison Tate, Mike Nolan, Neil Knight and Charmaine Schwenn. Alison and Mike have been practising as attorneys in Durban since 1984. They set up practice together in 1989 and were joined by Neil in 1998. Charmaine was appointed as a director in October 2007. They are ably assisted by Professional Associate Tracy Ludwig. Both Charmaine and Tracy specialise in litigation. Jeremy Harcourt-Baldwin is a Consultant to the practice.
The practice is managed by Mike Nolan and is growing rapidly. In 2006, the directors purchased the adjoining property at 13 Ennisdale Drive. Plans for a skywalk joining the two buildings are presently awaiting approval with the local authority.
A little more about the practice :
• our offices are fully automated with the latest legal software packages including a deeds office link-up and we are internet active and fully electronic
• we have a motor cycle delivery service and we will collect and deliver documents at the convenience of our clients
• we are open Monday to Fridays 8.00 am to 4.00 pm (we do not close between 1.00 and 2.00 pm) and in special circumstances we will open on Saturdays
• we are happy to consult with our clients at their homes or at their offices should it be inconvenient for them to consult at our offices
• we regularly deal and network with various well known financial banks and are on their conveyancing panels and through Proplaw we can arrange mortagage finance for clients
• the directors and associates are available 24 hours a day and may be contacted on their cellular telephones
• we have pleasant air-conditioned offices situated in Durban North which are easily accessible and there is secure on-site parking
|Average Hourly Fees||R1000+
Please note that this is an indicative rate and may vary according to task. Please request a quote for exact amounts.
|Number of Qualified Attorneys||5|
|Number of staff in firm||21 - 50|
|Date Firm Established||1989|
|Other Branches of this Firm|